Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Shamrock the Roads 5K
Saturday, March 9, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (CST)
Kappa Delta Sorority at Drury University will host the Second Annual Shamrock the Roads, a charity walk/run, on Saturday, March 9, 2013 at 8 a.m! The event will benefit Isabel’s House – Crisis Nursery of the Ozarks, and Prevent Child Abuse America (PCAA). Shamrock the Roads is open to runners and walkers of all abilities and includes a 5K walk/run and a one-mile Kids’ Fun Run.
Both of the runs begin at 8 a.m. at the north end of Drury Lane on Drury University’s campus. Participants should arrive early, preferably 7 a.m., to sign-in and stretch. Timing chips are being provided to runners; the top three times of each age bracket and gender will be announced at the end of the event. Awards for the top three participants of each age group will also be given at this time.
Of the proceeds collected from Shamrock the Roads, 80 percent will remain in Springfield, Missouri, benefiting Isabel’s House – Crisis Nursery of the Ozarks. The remaining 20 percent will go to Prevent Child Abuse America (PCAA) for nationwide public awareness programs related to child abuse prevention. Child abuse rates in Greene County are more than five times the national average, with a total of 63.4 reported cases per 1000 children. Kappa Delta sorority chose Isabel’s House as its local philanthropy to help them achieve its mission to “provide immediate refuge for children ages birth to 12 whose families are in crisis.”
Early registration begins on February 1, 2013, and ends on March 8, 2013. Early registration price for the 5K walk/run is $15 ($12 for students, any school, any age), and $10 for the kids’ fun run. The first 200 participants to register during early registration are guaranteed a FREE event t-shirt. Registration for the event is open through the morning of the race, but registration fees will be increased to $25 for the 5K and $15 for the Kids’ Fun Run the day of, so make sure to register early! (Route & parking map, and mail-in registration form below)
- Route & Parking Map
- Mail-in Registration Form (must be post marked by 3/2/13 to receive early registration price, must be received by 3/7/13)
Well behaved dogs are welcome to participate as well, but please make sure they are on a leash and muzzle for the safety of all participants.
Still have questions? Please contact Elizabeth Penfold or Grace Lounsbury at email@example.com with any comments, questions, and concerns.
When & Where
Kappa Delta Sorority at Drury University
Kappa Delta is a national sorority with nearly 230,000 members. We make great things happen in women's lives, on campuses and in communities across the country. Kappa Delta inspires its members to reach their potential by offering opportunities for leadership, personal development, academic success and community service, all in the context of true friendship. Join us in making great things happen!
Our chapter, Alpha Psi,was founded in 1931 at Drury University in Springfield, MO. Our chapter is a group of unique women from all different backgrounds and experiences. We all have at least three things in common though; we love spending time with each other, helping kids, and making a difference in the world.